A demand-side platform (DSP) is the most advanced way of serving ads online. It removes ad nuisances, time-constraints, and ad delays. DSPs have cut down advertising time and expenses to a small amount that many advertisers and ad agencies use it already.
What makes a DSP powerful are the following features:
By using an intelligently-designed algorithm, advertisers can reach over 250,000 ad opportunities every second with a chance of getting an ad space for every 200 milliseconds. This is possible with the use of a single interface.
Before, advertisers log-in to one ad exchange interface and then log-off and then log-in to another. This methodology takes time and might cause advertisers to lose in more than one bid.
Now, DSPs allow advertisers to log-in to several ad servers at once using a single interface. This gives the advertisers the power to bid for several ad spaces in real time and cuts down wasted time.
As many consumers would have similar likes and would be opening similar websites, many campaigns may end up having similar appearances, making it hard for the campaign to be noticed by consumers.
Therefore, monitoring the campaign is very important and DSPs monitor it in real-time to allow advertisers to readjust their campaigns on the fly.
Aside from that, since bidding happens simultaneously, unmonitored bids may cause advertisers to lose money and time. This is then checked by DSPs , which enable advertisers to:
- Track sales, subscriptions, leads, and installs of the product being advertised;
- Track the number of times the campaign can be viewed;
- Set the schedule when the ad should show up in ad spaces available for the campaign; and
- Set the budget of each ad and how it should be spent.
For advertisers to be able to cover many target consumers, advertisers should be able to tap several ad exchanges. This would increase the chances of the campaign to be noticed; however, to avoid nuisances, the correct audience should be targeted.
To ensure that, the DSP enables advertisers to:
- Retarget their consumer to continuously cover the same target audience;
- Contextualize their ad based on consumer’s risk, media safety etc. to protect the advertiser as well.
- Target consumers based on advertiser’s preferred mobile carrier and internet provider;
- Target audience based on age group, ethnicity, career, financial capability etc.
- Target IP addresses for a more personalized campaign;
- Target audience based on where they live or what type of internet connection they have;
- Target audience based on the type of internet browser they use;
- Target consumers based on the available ad exchange such as AppNexus, Google, etc.
- Target consumers based on the type of device they use;
- Target audience based on websites, networks, or blogs that they visit; and
- Target audience based on their device’s operating system.
For target audience to continuously grow, DSPs allow advertisers to reach over 200+ countries. With that, the campaign will be available in every form of device, from desktop to mobile to in-app to native advertisements globally.
DSPs were built to maximize and optimize online ads and with the features described above, advertisers will be able to maximize and optimize campaigns efficiently, and effectively.
Bluagile is a demand-side platform (DSP) that advertisers, agencies, and marketers use to launch their online advertising campaigns. We have real-time bidding (RTB) capability, and advanced targeting features. We can reach 80 billion ad impressions globally both for web and mobile. Get instant access to our self-serve DSP here.